My sister got me into researching scripture wall art since she’s loving on Philippians 4.8 “Whatever things are true..noble…just…pure…lovely…” In my internet travels I happened upon a wall decal with Romans 12.12. Being unwilling to commit to an actual wall augmentation on my sister’s behalf I made a photo print to frame or just gently tape to the wall where my sticky note prayer list is. I’d like to go with a non-permanent route since I don’t actually live here. My print is will be ready at Costco in a few hours, but I’ll probably choose a later pick-up time since we won’t be able to get there for a few days.
You, though, have a couple of options:
(1) If you like the verse and the picture as-is: Download the image and then upload it to the photo processor of your choice. I am using Costco’s 8×8 print – I think they are $1.49 each. I have uploaded the image so you can click on it and it’s full-resolution. I have a Mac and practiced adding it to iPhoto with no problem – I’m assuming PC users can right-click and save as with minimal fuss.
(2) If you want to make your own:
- Choose a photo that is meaningful to you. Mine is of a tea plantation in Africa – we went on a picnic one day and the sky was so beautiful. I purposely chose one colored so that the text would have enough contrast to be seen.
- I cropped mine so it’s a square – a very common size for posting online – I just checked to make sure Costco offers square prints. You can choose any size you like – the key is to verify printability.
- Drag it into powerpoint and add a text box.
- Highlight any words you want with a different font. I usually just use Microsoft’s standard fonts, but if they look like handwriting, they are probably from Kevin & Amanda – Fonts for Peas.
- Select everything on the slide once you’re done fiddling. (Control-A)
- “Save as Picture” to the folder of your choice – just remember where you put it.
- Upload it to your photo processor and print it!
This is where I’m putting my picture/verse: