If I’m unable to procure a grain free option for myself I’ll at least try to eat gluten free. I tend not to consume packaged gluten-free products, though, but I made an exception when we made grilled pizzas this summer bc I was too tired to make a crust of my own. And I must say that the GF store-bought crust was yummy!! Thanks for finding it, Boo Boo. For the regular pizzas we just used some lovely flatbread from Harris Teeter. Basically, we put a bunch of leftovers on our pizzas. But the end results were fabulous so I wanted to share them with you. If you throw a pizza on the grill, exercise freedom in choosing your toppings, and watch the cooking time. Timmy grilled the flatbreads for 4 minutes, and my GF crust (not pre-cooked) for 13. But your grill and crusts will vary.
White Butternut Veggie: (Gluten & Dairy Free, Vegetarian)
Top a GF pizza crust with
- savory cashew cream (leftover from my Shepherd’s pie)
- sautéed onions
- grilled zucchini and eggplant (pre cooked frozen packages of nice slices at Trader Joe’s make this a snap.)
- a few pieces of butternut squash (I used frozen cubes from Target)
- tomato slices
- a few basil leaves
Top a flatbread, or the crust of your choice, with
- Tomato sauce
- Shredded bbq chicken (or use plain chicken and squirt some BBQ sauce on the whole)
- Fresh mozzarella
- sauteed onions, bacon and mushrooms (leftover from my Shepherd’s pie)
If you’d like to have leftovers like we did, cook this earlier in the week – just add a little to the quantities for the cashew cream, onion, bacon and mushrooms.